angle choke valve
With the introduction of this new choke valve, Mokveld once again sets the benchmark for production uptime. Based on the Total Velocity Management® concept, choke erosion has been reduced by a factor of 4.
||Choke (control) valve
||CHV - R....
||Sizes 2" - 8"
rating ASME Class 600 - 2500 or API 3000 - 10000
Larger sizes and higher pressures (incl. API 15000) on request
|In preference to
||External sleeve choke valve
Rotating disc choke valve
Conventional globe control valve
Angle control valve
||Oil and gas production
Water and gas injection
Main product features
Total Velocity Management® concept: intelligent valve design that carefully manages fluid velocity in all areas of the valve, minimising erosion in body and trim.
The improved Mokveld gallery area and flow-path design means the valves offer maximum production uptime.
The pressure-balanced trim and the low-friction lip seals allow small actuators and accurate control (also with minimum opening).
High capacity and accurate control features make the valve appropriate for both start-up and well depletion production scenarios. One-valve solution for full process envelope.
Upon request the choke can be equipped with a FloSafe bean® to provide ultimate protection against relief system overload.
The screwed safety bonnet prevents the well-known ‘closed-in pressure risk’ with disassembly, associated with bolted bonnet chokes
The weight of the choke parts is low, and their number limited. This ensures easy maintenance and reduces lost production time. With angle transmission installed, the choke can be maintained without removal of actuator and instrument connections.
- Custom designed valve, trim and actuator for each unique choke application
- Wide variety of liquid, gas and multi-phase trims in linear and equal% execution.
- Special RCU large hole trims for dirty well clean-up service and RDS high capacity trims for minimized pressure loss at well depletion stage.
- Full range of matching Mokveld pneumatic and hydraulic actuators with tailored control arrangements is available. Electric and electro-hydraulic actuation is also available.
For optimal controllability Mokveld advises to use the standardized Mokveld positioner
These valve positioners have several unique features, for example:
• Fully fail stay put on loss of supply and/or fail stay put on loss of air
• Use with natural gas
For detailed information, please contact Mokveld
This product can be used in the following business areas:
This product was used in the following cases:
Download the following files for more information about this product.
Would you like to receive more information about our valves? Please fill in our contact form.